Childers CP-11 Vi-Cryl Mastic Coating 1 Gallon
- Calculated at Checkout
VI-CRYL® CP-11 weather barrier coating is a tough, durable, and fire-resistive water based mastic for most types of thermal insulation and finishing and insulating cements. It is very thixotropic - it looks heavy but spreads easily. It is available in a variety of standard and special faderesistant colors. It is outdoor rated and U.V. resistant.
VI-CRYL CP-11 weather barrier coating is unsurpassed for the mechanical protection and weatherproofing of thermal insulations both outdoors and indoors, in hot, cold, and dual-temperature service. However, since it is a ‘breathing’ coating (vapors under pressure will pass through it) it should only be used over insulations in lowtemperature, or dual-temperature service when the insulations themselves are vapor barriers. VI-CRYL CP-11 has also found use throughout the thermal insulation industry as a coating used over closed cell polyethylene and polyurethane foam insulations. Industry experience has demonstrated that all weather barrier coatings may blister when applied over polystyrene board. This effect may be limited by the use of white colored coatings. VI-CRYL CP-11 weather barrier coating in its Metallic Gray color is the ideal companion product to Aluminum and Stainless Steel Jacketing.
VI-CRYL CP-10/11 weather barrier coating is easy to apply by Trowel, Brush or Heavy-Duty Airless Spray. Its thixotropic consistency yields a smooth, attractive finish even over rough substrates; it readily fills gaps and imperfections. VI-CRYL CP-10/11 coating should be applied with glass fiber reinforcing mesh.
- In the wet state, VI-CRYL CP-10/11 weather barrier coatings is non-flammable. It contains no solvents that will attack insulations or facings.
- The cured film is tough, flexible, and resists most common chemicals and many solvents.
- It is fire-resistive: its flame spread index being within the range of acceptance of government and industrial agencies.
- Meets NFPA Standard 90-A and 90-B 25/50 requirements.
- This product has been tested according to ASTM E-84 (Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials).
- Meets requirements for LEED® IEQ 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials, Paints and Coatings.
- CP-10 VOC: 45 g/l, less water and exempt solvents, CP-11 VOC: 20 g/l, less water and exempt solvents.
- Color Options: White, metallic gray, black.
- Wet Weight: 11.4 lbs./U.S. gal. (1.37 kg/liter)
- Average Non-Volatile: 60% to 64% by volume (64% by weight)
- Application Temperature Range: 40°F to 100°F (4°C to 38°C)
- Drying Time: Touch - 2-4 hours, Through - 24-36 hours (Drying time will vary depending upon film thickness, temperature and humidity.)
- Coverage: 6 U.S. gal./100 sq. ft. (2.4 l/sq.m) (Varies with substrate and membrane.)
- Clean Up: Warm, soapy water (wet) xylol (dry)
- Water Vaper Permeance ASTM E-96: Greater than 1.0 perm for 1/16 inch (0.16cm) dry film. (Procedure B)