Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation Safety Intervention Program!
The Bureau of Workers Compensation is now offering a Safety Intervention Grant Program in which any Ohio-state fund or public employer who wishes to purchase safety equipment to reduce or eliminate the risk of injury or illness related to work tasks and operations may receive grant money simply by submitting quarterly data to the BWC and a case study one year after the date of intervention.
Through the safety intervention grant, private and public employers are eligible for a 3-to-1 matching grant, up to a maximum of $40,000 for each eligibility cycle. In other words, the BWC will give $3 for every $1 that the company contributes.
In order to qualify for the Safety Intervention Grant, you must:
- Be a state-fund or public employer;
- Maintain active coverage - not more than 40 days lapsed in the prior 12 months;
- Be current on all monies owed BWC;
- Demonstrate the need for safety intervention;
- Provide two-year baseline data;
- Have active BWC coverage with past payroll reports (four if a private employer, two if a public employer) for the purpose of defining employer eligibility cycle.
The eligibility cycle is determined by the last full year for which payroll information is available. For private employers, the policy year is July 1st through June 30th. For public employers, the policy year is January 1st through December 31st.
For more information such as limitations on qualifying purchases, as well as steps to apply for the Safety Intervention Grant Program, please visit https://www.bwc.ohio.gov/employer/programs/safety/EmpGrants.asp#intro